Letter from the Principal
Hello Mill Park Families,
It’s an honor to be appointed as interim principal by our Superintendent, Ken Richardson. There is nothing more humbling than working at Mill Park where I’ve been both a 4th grade teacher and Language Development specialist. I absolutely love this position and this school. The kids make me smile everyday, and I’m always working to build strong relationships with kids, parents, community members and volunteers.
Please always feel free to reach out to me with questions, concerns or suggestions. I believe in direct and respectful communication.
Here are some essentials that every parent/caregiver should know:
- School is from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Wednesdays are Late Start – School starts at 10:00 AM.
- Call the office if your child is going to be absent (503) 256-6507. We appreciate you keeping us informed. If your child is going home a different way than they typically do, send a note or call us. Otherwise, we will send them home per usual.
- Breakfast is served at school on Mondays. Then, we pass out free breakfast at the end of each day for the following day. Please make sure your child has eaten breakfast before they come to school.
- Lunch is FREE! You can also bring lunch from home if you choose.
- Students must wear masks indoors and outdoors. In class, we space kids 3 ft. apart and require students to wash/sanitize their hands regularly. Rapid Covid tests are free and available if you’d ever like your child to take one. You will just need to fill out a consent form in the office for the nose swab. You will get results in 15 minutes.
- If you have any questions about bus routes and schedules, call the Bus Garage at (503) 256-6526.
- If you pick up your child, please park and walk to their door. Driving through the bus loop causes problems for our busses, and it interferes with arrival and dismissal.
- There is no supply fee this year! We already bought all of the kids’ supplies for them. Kindergarten snack fee is $15.
- We are hiring teacher assistants and other support staff. We welcome family members of students and our Mill Park community to apply. If you want to apply to be a part of our team, see the Mill Park openings here:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Mill Park teachers and/or myself. We can always schedule a meeting with an interpreter if needed.
Mill Park Interim Principal